This is my favourite takeaway night replacement meal, or my go to when I have no idea what to cook and no time to think of something.
Cauliflower is a great alternative to rice, because it tastes delicious and there's no bloat! The texture of this vegetable is perfect as a rice alternative, it soaks up the flavours of the seasonings you add, and the best part is you don't have to wait for it to cook! winner!
This recipe is ridiculously easy that even my cooking illiterate husband can whip this up. The best part is you can add whatever veggies you have lying around in the crisper.
This meal has also been tested on my way too fussy toddler whom lives solely on bananas, bread and sausages. Any meal that allows me to trick him into eating some form of a vegetable is a winner in my eyes.
Give it a try, and have some fun with it, alter it to suit your taste buds!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or, 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500g of short cut bacon
- 2/3 cup of frozen peas and corn
- 1/2 a small red capsicum finely diced
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 2 eggs lighlty beaten
- 1/3 cup of Tamari Sauce
Hint: Add 1/4 tsp of curry powder for extra flavour!
- Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor to a rice like consistency and set aside.
- Saute garlic and spring onion in an electric wok or fry pan over medium heat and fry off the bacon pieces until cooked through.
- Add peas, corn and capsicum and cook until softened.
- Push the veggies aside and pour in beaten eggs. Break up the egg and mix through the rest of the veggies.
- Add the processed cauliflower and mix through. Cover and turn heat down slightly. Let sit for 5-10 mins until cauliflower has softened. Mix through Tamari and/or curry powder. Add remaining spring onion for garnish.
- Divide among 4 bowls and enjoy!
This meal freezes well and also tastes delicious reheated the next day.
Will last in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you found this recipe helpful, then go ahead and click the share buttons below to spread the love!